Sunday, May 17, 2009

Welcome!

Hello one and all! Welcome to my blog!

I'm currently a sophomore (very soon to be Junior) at Beloit College majoring in Anthropology and plan on minoring in Museum Studies. This summer I was lucky enough to have an opportunity to intern with the Minnesota Historical Society and experience museums in the real world. This blog will be a way of sharing what I learn with the rest of the world.
:)

I will document my experience as an intern with the Minnesota Historical Society, specifically, working at Fort Snelling. I will compare and contrast not only the policies, functions, and roles of archaeological collections of Beloit College's Logan Museum of Anthropology with the Minnesota Historical Society, but also show the differences between learning in a classroom setting and in a real-world experience.

(This is Fort Snelling. Pretty cool!)

What I will be doing is still a little bit of a mystery, but all will be figured out tomorrow, when I officially begin my internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment